Dataset extent

Map data © OpenStreetMap contributors

VIC DT - Declared Roads (Polyline)

This dataset presents the footprint of declared roads in Victoria. Declared roads are classified under the Road Management Act 2004 as Freeways Arterial Roads and Non-Arterial State Roads. About 15% of Victorian roads are declared roads and the remaining 85% are local roads.

For more information please visit the VicRoads Data Portal.

On 1 July 2019, VicRoads and Public Transport Victoria came together with the Department of Transport. This data is served directly through the Depart of Transport Open Data Portal API and will automatically reflect any updates made to the data.

Data and Resources

Additional Info

Field Value
Source https://portal.aurin.org.au
Last Updated February 26, 2021, 04:34 (UTC)
Created February 26, 2021, 04:10 (UTC)
License Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
AURIN Open API ID aurin:datasource-VIC_Govt_DT-VIC_Govt_DT_vic_govt_dt_vicroads_declared_roads
Aggregation Level NA
Attribute List , Alternative Name, Alternative Name 2, Declared, Global Identifier, Length, Local Name, RMA Classification, Road Name, SRNS Classification, Unique Feature Identifier
Attribution Government of Victoria - Department of Transport, (2021): VIC DT - Declared Roads (Polyline); accessed from AURIN on [date of access].
Coordinate Ref. System EPSG:4283 (GDA_1994)
Copyright Notice © Government of Victoria - Department of Transport 2020
Geometry Field geometry
Key OBJECTID
Type dataset
spatial {"type": "Polygon", "coordinates": [[[140.70846498297018, -39.037652118679745], [149.8365207481232, -39.037652118679745], [149.8365207481232, -34.06416535615831], [140.70846498297018, -34.06416535615831], [140.70846498297018, -39.037652118679745]]]}